Monday, November 25, 2013

Christmas canvas!

Hi everyone! Today I'd like to share a canvas that I made, for Christmas decoration, using My Favorite Things 'Scallops'  stencil. Love MFT stencils to bits! When I first saw this 'lovely' I thought It would make a wonderful accent in order to make my tree look real....love how the stencil gave it life!
 
 
 
Here's the "Scallops" stencil that I used:
 
Stencil MPD Scallops
 
Yup, I flipped the stencil and voila I had a lovely tree look!
 
Here are some close-ups:
 

 
For the background, I used some vintage book paper and a sewing pattern cover.
 

 
For my tree, I used old ledger paper, which I tinted and then then added the stencil work and more color.
 

 
I topped off the tree with a star made from up-cycled packaging material.
 
If you'd like to take a peek at the awesome stencils, as well as the other yummy goodies that MFT has to offer, you can here. And while you're there, you're going to want to check out their blog for some amazing inspiration!
 
As always, thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Hugs!


 
 
 
 
 


21 comments:

  1. Fabulous, fantastic canvas, I´ll probably llift it....love it ....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooooo want this! It's totally fabulous & I just loooove the elongated tree look & that star wrapped in thread......NEW FAVE ALERT!!!!! An MFT do have awesome stuff:):)!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This canvas is so perfect for your Christmas decor!! It's beautiful!! Great way to use the stencil !! Awesome .. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is amazing! I loveeeeeeee that tree!!! Pinning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, wow. This is gorgeous! I love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so super Sandi! Love your canvas and that stencil is perfect for your Christmas tree...that's so clever and creative! I love that you think out of the box.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Sandi! I love the textured tree and fancy little star on top! Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute and super creative as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Sandi... just love how you incorporated the stencil... it definitely gave the tree life... and the texture.... so yummy.... beautiful...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fabulous. Love how you have used the stencil and love that star
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Totally love it!
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are right, turned upside down the scallop stencil is the perfect tree texture, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has been way too long since I visited you!
    Just been back-tracking a bit and enjoying your amazing and arty style.
    Love this card too <3
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh...this is super cool! Love the tall canvas and the amazing textures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe how much the colours in this are like a lo I made. Are you on fb? Would love to show you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning piece of art and so festive at the same time.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous canvas and such a creative way to use the stencil!
    Bravo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic canvas and it really gives med the happy xmas feeling.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. this are a piece of art love it so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...