Saturday, March 1, 2014

City life!

Hi everyone! Today I'd like to share some 'bag' art that I made for my DT project featured in the March Gauche Alchemy newsletter. Yup, you read it right.....bagged art! Every week, hubby and I get a loaf of fresh Italian bread to gobble down, leaving only crumbs and a wrinkled up bag. I was about to throw the bag out, when I thought, "I really like the look of this bag.....I think I'll use it in some way for one of my projects, and this is what I came up with......

 
City life..... fast moving and filled with a combo of business, stylish, and fun filled people all scurrying around with a purpose!
 
As part of my details, I envisioned buildings, and thought the zebra striped napkin pieces, from the GA napkin-art-kit, would be perfect!
 
 
Love the boldness that these pieces add to this! To add a little sparkle and fun, I decided to add some gorgeous blue rhinestones and the number 'one' tile chip, from the blue-streak-mixed-media-color-kit. 
 
I thought it might be fashionable to have one of my gals courting along with some kind of 3D embellie, so I used that neat looking umbrella from the banana-hammock-mixed-media-color-kit.
 
 
Love the very cool bits and pieces in each one of the colored mixed media kits. Each bag, is a wonder in-of-itself. I invite you to check these kits out....you'll go crazy over these  embellies/fixings!
 
And while you're GA shopping, be sure to take a peek at the Gauche Alchemy Blog for all kinds of
neat ideas and inspirational works of art! You're going to be astonished with what you see!
 
As always, thank you for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!
Hugs!
 


15 comments:

  1. Love love love love this!! LOVING those vintage gals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just astounding....you created your own STylisH city!!! And those ladies...oooh-la-la!!! Better than the dark suited businessmen seriously striding around Sydney town:):) Love it:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu just have the ability to make anything look GOOD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love these ladies aganst the turquoise background, looks so fashionable with the sebra stripes!
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you're so clever! I LOVE this! Love those stylish ladies and the gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you think, so clever. Loving the stylish girls, very chic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet another spectacular project! You nail it every time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. Sandi, this project is so creative and unique. I love the vibrant colors and beautiful texture. Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you do that? How do you make a bread bag look so trendy and fresh! LOL...you are so creative girl! Love this....you are a true artist at heart! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH.
    MY.
    SWEET.
    MOTHER.
    OF.
    PEARL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ok, so, i was sitting down already to type at the computer, but if i hadn't've been, seeing this would've made me HAVE TO SIT DOWN just to absorb the totally shocking smack-upside-the-head fabulousness of the wrinkly bag background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yikes!!!!!!!! you are so totally a genius!!! (plus... you've used it in its bag shape... not like, flattened out and squared up or anything... you've used it as the bag!!!) (YOWZA!!!!!!!!!) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...