Saturday, April 12, 2014

Focus, spill, take shot lo!

Hi everyone!  Today I'd like to share a lo that I made so that I would remember a crazy, funny night that hubby and I had out together.
 

I refer to this lo as the....focus, spill, take shot lo! The reason for this is because one night, while out with hubby, we had stopped and got coffee to go and then we were walking around the city when I spotted a cool looking staircase that I wanted to take a picture of. In one hand, I held my coffee, and in the other, I tried to take the shot with my cell phone. The angle was just so that the coffee cup tilted and spilled coffee all over my jacket. My night-and-shining husband realized what I did and came to the recue....he said, "here, let me take that shot for you". Before we realized it......he was doing the same thing, only he spilt even more coffee because he didn't have a lid on his cup. We both roared with laughter....and thus focus, spill, take shot was created!!!
 

For this sweet memory, I used the round cork circles from the its-all-gravy-baby color kit as they reminded me of coffee coasters. I couldn't resist using the "joker" playing card, from the playing-card-variety-pack sense this was such a joke on both of us!
 

I also added the back of a green playing card, from the same kit, and a swat of black flowered material, from the black-out-mixed-media-color-kit to have some bursts of color on the lo.
 
Do you have a fabulous memory that's tugging at your heart to be scrapped? GA can help make those come alive with any one of our fabulous kits!
 
Here's to happy, fun scrapping!
 
As always, thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Hugs!




20 comments:

  1. Love the story AND the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story for a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!! LOVING that story and loveeeee the sewed squares!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story which inspired your cool LO Sandi!! Your layered and stitched squares look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great way to scrap a fun , happy, memory. The best memories are the ones that make you laugh. Love it!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. *giggles*... this is a funny, funny story....love the starbuck coloured tickets...this really is fabulous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous arty collage creation, full of fun . love x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol Sandi... you made me smile... gorgeous story.... and beautiful page...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very funny story !! Love the LO !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe...what a story! Love the fabulous collage here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling design and colors, love your story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful, great page! Love the playing card and sewing. Gorgeous colors. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty page Sandi! Love the color palette and your whimsical stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very funny story Sandi! I hope you wrote it on the back of the layout or somewhere cos I don't think I'd remember that one when I'm 80! Fabulous page as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL....a super story Sandi! Such a great page to remember it by too! Love the patchwork effect and your thready sewing! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful Sandi! So chaotic!! In a marvellously intentional way! What a fun night out LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome Sandi and it sure seemed to be a fun and colourful outing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Again, a very cool page. Love all the graphic elements and your stitching is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh *WOW*! ok, new favorite! NEW FAVORITE! love the way you've colorblocked the starbucks sleeves... and the "fractured layers"... and, well... ok, i love EVERYTHING about this! it kind of defies analysis, it's just RIGHT in ways i never would have thought! (wow!!!) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous layout! Love the colors & stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...