Monday, July 29, 2013

Capturing life on PL cards!

Hi everyone! Today I'd like to share a project life card that I used to document some of my memories that I want to keep. Yup, one card, two cool sides! I love the thought of capturing important memories using project life cards but I don't want the pressure of weekly documenting so I decided that I will do 'monthly' PL pages and/or capture important or fun events on the large PL cards and then file them in a box to look through throughout the year.

This is my first card, for my box, that I did. I wanted to remember the 'herb' table that hubby and I made for the yard and the stairs that we made. This came together so fast and super fun by using The Paper Bakery  'Capture 365' kit. Love this PL kit and all it's wonderful goodies!

 
Here's the front of one card:

That super cool light bulb stamp is a Paper Bakery stamp. Don't you just love it! For this side of the card, I used the 'Capture 365' stars, alpha, and PL card. I also used some yellow paint and part of a 'popcorn' bag, from the July PB mixed media kit.

Here's the back of the card:

For this side, I used more of the alphas, a star and stamp from the 'Capture 365' kit and then one of TPB flair buttons.
Love these cards and goodies along with a super easy and manageable system which I can file away with tabs for each month or even by the season with the end result being a wonderful box of memories without any stress of having to 'keep up' with weekly documenting! Oh yeah!

If you would like to take a peak at TPB 'Capture 365' kit, or any of the other wonderful kits, you can here. You're going to love what you see and if you are a subscriber, you get FREE cut/prt'd files, which are alternated each month.

As always, thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Hugs!
 
 
 
 


16 comments:

  1. Awesome use of space. Great to document the little things in life that make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really LOVE your idea of doing PL when something happens, or once a month... we don't have kids at home & life is a bit slower paced, so I'm thinking it would work for me, too....the card idea is really different...a fun way of keeping things together, with not too much room taken up.....love your colours, especially the green & that badge, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh I LOVE what you have created!!! Your two-sided card is sooo inspiring and scrapped perfectly....love! Its one of the more original PL scrapped cards I've seen! I'll be really happy to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool Sandi...love this idea! Love the sewing and strands too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwww!! These are fabulous!! LOVING the colors and as always ... LOVE LOVE LOVE your amazing stitching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun project life cards Sandi! Great mix of colors and whimsical stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh i like the idea that have a card box for private special memories, love the cards very bright colors and lovely photo...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is clever! You are so full of ideas - these look really really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this are so awesome card very creative :}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is right up my alley!
    Love what you did there Sandi!
    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive started to do some PL type scrapping as well, im going with just my normal photos done PL way rather than the weekly option.
    Love your idea of the cards, this one looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool is this?! What a neat little way to capture memories on a smaller scale - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you are having a lot of fun with this kit ... beautiful way of holding memories.... adore your creations Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant!! I love what you have done here & your woodworking is awesome!! Maybe you could give us a photo tour of your beautiful garden one day? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...